Splash: My Summer Essentials 2013

 
 
Hey guys! So today I thought since summer is already here in Florida I thought it would be a great idea to do "My Summer Essentials "for 2013! The products I am mentioning are things I have used for a while now so I would like to share them with you all. I hope you enjoy!~
 

 
 
 





Sandals

Since I live in Florida the weather is usually always hot so I am constantly wearing my sandals. These sandals are from JCP from  the Olsenboye collection. I bought them on clearance after Christmas for $7 the regular price was $35. These shoes are great to wear with a high low hem dress or to the beach. They add a nice sparkle to any outfit!
 

                                                                             



Lip Balm

So I think lip balm is important for the summer because it can protect your lips from the sun and keep them  moisturize for the day! These lip balms are my favorite so far for the summer. The reason I choose these products is because sometimes I want no color on my lips with the EOS honeysuckle honeydew and sometimes some color with the Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me! The eos lip balm also has an amazing light sweet smell the only con is that you have to reapply the lip balm but that's ok.Plus the packaging is cute! With the Baby Lips Cherry Me it adds a nice tint to my lips without being so vibrant plus its very moisturizing!














Sunglasses

Sunglasses are great to wear all year long but summer is when you mostly need them. It is good to protect your eyes from the damaging sun rays! These sunglasses are from the brand Candies. I purchased them from  Bealls Outlet ( discounted brand name store).I paid around  $6 for the glasses I think the original price was $12!(great deal)  The coolest  thing about these sunglasses is on the top of the glasses are a zipper design! I found a similar pair on Kohl's site here Candies Rhinestone Sunglasses








                                
 



Blotting Sheets

When it comes to blotting sheets I definitely use them especially during the summer! I have combination skin so I tend to get oily in my t-zone area. The blotting sheets I use are the Palladio rice paper sheets from Sally Beauty Supply. I recently went on the site and found out that they carry different shades in these blotting sheets. When I bought my sheets in the store they only had the shade natural so that's probably why they left a little tan rice powder on my face when I used it since my skin is darker but the fix that you just brush the powder off your face. So next time I will get the translucent ones! Anyways  these sheets are good they are two sided, one side is matte with rice powder and the other side is paper ( it doesn't matter what side you use). Its great because it makes your face look matte!












Sunscreen

Its been getting really hot in Florida the sun feels deadly so sunscreen is very important. The sunscreen I use is the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration in SPF  30 ( they have different SPF you can purchase) I actually won this sunscreen in a giveaway from Influenster awhile back for reviewing the sample size of this product. It is basically a 2 in 1 product with sunscreen and lotion. If you want to know more about this product  click here!  This sunscreen has saved me when I was shopping for my first car in the sun!













Hats

I don't usually wear hats on a daily bases but I wear them during the summer because the sun gets extremely bright. I like to keep the sun out off my face and to also protect my skin! Did you know the sun ages your face quicker?! So that's why I defiantly wear a hat! If you were wondering I got the Rays hat at the Rays game for free. If you arrive at the games early they usually give away free stuff!
















Bandeaus

Bandeaus are great for the summer! If you don't want to wear a thick heavy shirt these are a great substitute. I love wearing these with a tanks or crop tops. They are really comfortable! I bought this bandeau a while ago at  Bealls Outlet but I saw the same one at Wetseal.



















Bandanas/Headbands

Bandanas/ headbands are great to wear all the time. I usually don't put my hair up but for the summer its a must! I love wearing my bandanas because their are so many colors to choose and it adds a nice little touch to almost any outfit!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment